"It takes a lot of ideas, demos, and various takes to get to the final product of a finished album. This collection contains not only some of my favorite demos from the process of making 'Two on a Bench,' but many original tracks that were cast aside in the name of a making a finished and cohesive work. Knowing that they would never see the light of day otherwise, it seemed fitting to release them here in at least some form. The quality is all over the place and the mistakes are present, but there is some interesting stuff going on. 'Inert to Noble' and 'Apocryphal Instrumental' could easily have been finished tracks and it was a shame we couldn't use everything. Thanks for checking them out, I hope you enjoy listening!"
released November 5, 2014
Demos and Bench-Sides
• All songs written and performed by Dax Schaffer
• Recorded (mostly) by Steven Ray Morris (mostly) at Justice Street Studios in West Hills, CA
• Mixed and mastered by Dax Schaffer at Stay at Home Studios in Los Feliz, CA
• Additional mixing by Steven Ray Morris on "Inert to Noble," "In the Edge of Nowhere (Demo/Alternate Mix)," "Persistence of Vision (Early Take)," "For Now, From Me (Phone Demo)," and "Two on a Bench (Hendrix Mix)"
• "Dial Tones (Drippin' Yellow Madness Version)" recorded at #19 View Studios in Silverlake, CA
• "Placidity" recorded at Stay at Home Studios
• "Two on a Bench (Original Demo)" and "Supplement to the Animation Song (Amped)" recorded at Cat Pad Studios in Calabasas, CA
• Harmony Vocals by Laura Jackman on "Rorschach Moon (Live Recording)"
• Violin and Additional Lyrics by Erika Ishii on "Inert to Noble"
• Harmonica by Steven Ray Morris on "Persistence of Vision (Early Take)"
• Additional Wordsmithery by Erika Ishii on "Rorschach Moon (Live Recording)" and "Persistence of Vision (Early Take)"
• Keyboards by Steven Ray Morris, Bass Guitar by Evan Koehne, & Ukulele by Kyle Rousseau on "Dial Tones (Drippin' Yellow Madness Version)"
• Cover art by Dax Schaffer
Thank you to Steven Ray Morris and everyone involved. Please listen to Steven's own music at thankgoodness.bandcamp.com
Some rights reserved. Please refer to individual track pages for license info.